I often read for leisure. In such a chaotic world, it helps to be able to escape for a moment. That’s what books do for me. They provide solace. In the past, I would turn to books in order to escape my current circumstance using my imagination to travel far, far away. In the past, I would read so vigorously that at times I would complete a fairly lengthy book in one day. Over the years, I have come across books that I really enjoy, many of which I have read more than once. In no particular order, they include:
- Your Blues Ain’t Like Mine by Bebe Moore Campbell
- Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
- The Saints and the Aints by T. M. Franklin-Hall
- If I Ruled the World by Joy
- Sweet Summer Growing Up With and Without My Dad by Bebe Moore Campbell
There are many other books that I enjoy. I just cannot think of them at the moment. What are your thoughts about these books? What are your favorite books?